Welcome!

With results you can see, fitness + nutrition makes a great start!

**I'm not an expert, just a trainee!**

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day 2 P90X: Hurts So Good

P90X: Plyometrics
The exercises are grouped into rounds, and each round gets repeated once. The breakdown is as follows:

1) Jump squat, run stance squat, airborne heisman (lateral leaping), swing kick
2) Squat reach jump, run stance squat with direction switch, double airborne heisman, circle run
3) Jump knee tuck. jumping lunge, leapfrog squat, twist combo
4) Rock star hop, gap jump, squat jack, military march
5) Run squat with 180 jump, lateral leapfrog, monster truck tire, hot foot
6) Bonus round: pitch & catch, jump shot, football move (60 seconds each)

Plyometrics is also known as jump training.  This technique emerged in Eastern Europe in the early 1970′s and was coined by American track coach Fred Wilt. The term “plyometrics” came from the latin plyo+metrics or “measurable increases”.  Plyometric training as awesome for any activity that requires strength and speed as this technique will improve your ability to run faster, jump higher and maneuver better in multidirectional sports.  No matter what sport you play or what your goals are P90X plyometrics can help.

Now, for the reality.  Saying my muscles hurt is an understatement.  Yesterday I felt great, late afternoon I started feeling soreness in my arms while grouting some tile.  It got worse.  I drank 12 16 ounce glasses of water yesterday and my muscles were cramping last night.  I suffered through plyometrics this morning.  I had to stop mid workout and stretch for a bit.  It made it hard to get up and finish, but I managed to do it.  I feel great for doing it, but my legs are BURNING.  I'm currently on my 5th glass of water and downing my shakeology and coffee.

My good buddy Jasmine checks in with me to see how it's going.  "I've never pushed myself so hard.....mainly because I've never been so out of shape before."  That's the truth.  I want my body back in shape so I can do the things I love again, so I can keep up with my kids and have the kind of energy I used to.  Shakeology is definately giving me the energy.  Staying hydrated is a challenge; I just don't like water that much.

I won't give up, I spent the money, I've vowed to dedicate 12 weeks to P90X and my fitness.  Then when the pool opens this summer, I can bust out my laps in no time and feel great in the new swimming suit I'm going to have to buy!  And, I'm going to have to go shopping, something I haven't looked forward to in more than 5 years.








BRING ON THE BURN! It hurts so good. I will cringe and keep going. I will eat more protein, drink more water and focus on nutrition. What did I actually eat yesterday? This gets bad...I cut out a snack! Morning went well. LOTS of water. Shakeology Pistachios String Cheese HUGE salad with sunflower nuts, tomatoes, carrots, chicken and Western Dressing (my fav, not the best choice) Lots more water Aurillios Pizza. Not one piece, not two, but 4. And a piece of dessert pizza. And a soda. Today's plan: Eat more often. Eat more protein. Eat more, I'm STARVING today. Water, water and More water. Avoid pizza at all costs. Carry snacks with me. Peanuts are better than pizza, even salted. A gluten-free oatmeal cookie is better than a cupcake. It's that simple and it's all about planning and choices. So, meals are planned, snacks are planned, water glass is to remain full at all times. Breakfast: Shakeology Snack: String Cheese Lunch: Salmon, asparagus and sweet potatoes on the grill Snack: I will be at baby shower, fingers crossed there is veggies, but am taking some Pistachios with me just in case! Dinner: Steak, lots of steak, salad and green veggies WATER, WATER, WATER

No comments:

Post a Comment