Welcome!

With results you can see, fitness + nutrition makes a great start!

**I'm not an expert, just a trainee!**

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Goals

I can't stress the importance of setting goals in life, even if you never completely reach them, eventually you will, keep trying!  To reach your goal, you have to do some things.

  • Make A Plan: How are you going to reach this goal?
  • Make It Measurable: If you don't know where you're going, how are you going to choose a path to get there?
  • Work Your Plan!  The more detailed, the more successful you'll be.  

Lets look at this in another context.  Business owners aren't business owners forever.  They have to start somewhere, a business plan.  Businesses that start a business without a business plan have an 80% failure rate within the first 5 years.  Do you want to have an 80% chance of failure working against you in your fitness goal?  I sure don't!

So, since I'm on my soapbox about goals, here are my short-term goals (6 months):
Loose 50 lbs by my 29th birthday by focusing on Nutrition and P90X workouts in the MORNING. I'm not in great shape and it's going to take a lot to get there.  I'm overweight and to be healthy 50 pounds is a great guideline to get there. If I don't work out before noon, chances are that I won't. 

I didn't get this way overnight.  My workouts and nutrition used to be great, but somewhere I fell off the wagon.  Probably somewhere around the time of a broken leg and baby #1 the weight started piling on and I stopped caring about the number on the tag in my jeans that weren't comfortable anymore anyway.

That paves my path to my goal that's measurable.  I have a goal and a plan, time to work that plan, work my body and nutrition for a stronger, healthier me.

Do you have a dream?  What is it?  Now, make it a goal!  If you aren't sure how to set your goals, enlist help!

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl I'm so proud of you! I know you will succeed and if you need some motivation let me know...I'd love to buddy up with ya and power through some kickass workouts! I also have a nice 4 mile walk around the country block if ya wonna head this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jami! I'm so proud of myself too. I never would have imagined it would be this easy! I guess when you're committed to your goals it makes it easier.

    ReplyDelete