Welcome!

With results you can see, fitness + nutrition makes a great start!

**I'm not an expert, just a trainee!**

Monday, April 23, 2012

Lemon Water and the 5 Reasons to Drink It





Since I have nothing good to say about today, I'm going to focus on what I've learned about a healthy body today.....

To put it most simply, alkalies help keep the oxygen in our blood at a safe pH level, and this helps our body heal itself, assimilate nutrients and fight off unwanted sickness.
-Nicole Bennet

  1. It keeps skin clear and glowing!   I have noticed this.  Hydration from drinking lemon water is great for moisturizing our skin from the inside out.  Lemon also contains lots of Vitamin C, which helps with wrinkles and blemishes.
  2. It kick starts the digestive system--a big glass of lemon water is a great way to start the day.  It encourages the liver to produce bile which in turn aids in digestion.  It increases urination which helps purify it.  It also helps with heartburn and constipation.
  3. It helps with weight loss--Keeping the body in an alkaline state helps people lose weight faster.  Lemons are high in fiber pectin, which helps keep one full, longer.  They also have a diuretic effect, which helps with water weight gain.
  4. It helps control the coffee habit--I'm going to give it a try, but I LOVE my coffee.
  5. It balances pH--Lemon is an acidic food, but once metabolized, it becomes alkaline.  I need my body to be less acidic.
There are many reports of people who have fought their cancer nutritionally by focusing on the body's pH levels. Kris Carr, of Crazy Sexy Cancer has halted tumors growing in her liver for over 7 years by focusing on nutrition, including alkalizing foods.  I think that is crazy cool.  Even a little crazy sexy cool!!

GREENS! will keep pH levels where they need to be.  Lemon water also helps this process.  So, here I go with another change.  Change can be hard, but it's usually worth it.  I'm not resistant to change, I just like my stimulants, a.k.a. coffee.

Backstrap molasses comes from refining of cane sugar and some people add backstrap molasses to their lemon water for added health benefits.  You can read more here.  It helps retain and replenish Iron for energy and it's a good source of copper, potassium, manganese, magnesium and vitamin B6.

No comments:

Post a Comment