Welcome!

With results you can see, fitness + nutrition makes a great start!

**I'm not an expert, just a trainee!**

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Goals: Baby Steps

Thank You Erin Darnell!
Are you setting small goals for yourself? 
I think this is easier: Change something small everyday and eventually big things will happen!  Take baby steps to make it happen.  Make the commitment, stick to it and soon it'll become habit forming.  Don't do it in leaps.....baby steps!
What are your goals?
Here are some of my past goals that have gotten me to where I am.....
  • Switching from soda to water 3x/day. (Maybe have a soda after 3 glasses and then have 3 more waters!)
  • Replacing sugary snacks with nuts or veggies.
  • Taking the stairs instead of the elevator to the third floor.
  • Eating Breakfast instead of grabbing a cup of coffee on your way out the door.
  • Drinking low cal drinks vs. beer for happy hour.
  • Adding 50 jumping jacks 2x/day to break up computer time at work.
  • Substituting yogurt for cream cheese, sour cream, mayo....in your favorite meals.
  • Eating clean and fresh instead of dirty.
  • Incorporating strength training into your workout this week.
  • Getting an extra 30 minutes of cardio in per week. (Just 10 extra minutes 3x/week)
  • Couch to 5k. (I gave up on this one because of joint pain!)
Some goals you just can't reach, but some just need a little tweaking to get there.  Just because you can't reach a goal now, doesn't mean it's not attainable.  Maybe you just had a setback and need to change a date, or maybe you have a medical issue or you need another goal in there to reach the initial goal.  Don't feel defeated for trying!  You can do it.  And, sometimes you just plain need a little help.  Ask me, I'll help you.

So, get out there and set some goals and take some baby steps!
 

2 comments:

  1. I know the water and pop one is the hardest for me! And eating breakfast. I figure out about 10 am when I'm starving that I didn't eat, just feed the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Until last summer when I had a complete meltdown at the doctor's office, I was living on coffee and cigarettes. I started making it a point to make myself a bowl of oatmeal with the boys' oatmeal in the morning. It helped and was a HUGE start. It's hard when you're so focused on what the kids are doing. It does get easier....someday they'll go to school!

    ReplyDelete