Welcome!

With results you can see, fitness + nutrition makes a great start!

**I'm not an expert, just a trainee!**

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Joint Discomfort

You can't talk about fitness without discussing joint discomfort.  It plagues so many people, including me.  The factor that effects your joints the most is being overweight.  When I snow-skied a lot, I took glucosamine chondroiton with great results, but it doesn't work for everyone.  I have since stopped taking the supplements and am thinking about going back.  Joints need regular maintenance. My granma has had two knee replacements, my mom two hips...my outlook isn't so good without maintenance.  I'm also taking off the extra pounds that can cause a lot of discomfort.  I sprained a knee in college and it still aches and probably always will.

GNC offers the fairly new InstaFlex Joint Support supplement I'm going to try.  I'll keep this post updated on how this stuff is in my opinion.  

2 comments:

  1. catherine RoschmannMay 3, 2012 at 2:46 PM

    have you tried getting new shoes with more support? i know when i first started working out again i was using my old shoes and everytime i ran my knees would throb!!! and each time it got worse until i was told to get new shoes! it was like a whole another world for me after that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have new shoes, Cat. I've been wearing high number New Balance for years! I just come from a long line of people with joint issues and carrying extra weight around doesn't help. But, even at my lightest and before kids, I had knee problems following injuries from sprains to tendon damage. Physical therapy and exercise is great, but there are supplements out there that do help.

    ReplyDelete