Welcome!

With results you can see, fitness + nutrition makes a great start!

**I'm not an expert, just a trainee!**

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Smoothies & Shakes

In addition to eating the things you should, smoothies and shakes can add a great snack to your daily routine.  It's a great way to get in your breakfast, a healthy snack or just enjoy something cold on a hot day!

 Detox: Green Smoothie

1/2 c OJ
1 Banana
1/2 c cake
1/2 c baby spinach
1/2 c apple

 Pin-acado Smoothie


1 1/3 c OJ
1 1/4 c Pineapple (Frozen)
1/2 avocado
1 banana
1/2 c ice
Juice from 1/2 Lime

Blend.
 Kiwi-Mango Layered Smoothie
(layered smoothies are SO cool)
bottom layer:
2 1/2 c Mango (frozen)
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp water
1/2 tsp lime zest


top layer:
1/4 c yogurt
2 Tbsp honey
3 kiwifruit
2 ice cubes
2 Tbsp Green Tea
1/2 c baby spinach

 
 Be creative. You can spruce a smoothie or shake up with anything you can think of or just use strictly a fruit with ice, frozen fruit, juice, water or milk (rice milk, almond milk, they all work!)  Don't forget about things you don't "like" or don't normally eat.  You might be surprised by the flavor they add to a shake.  For instance, I'm not too crazy about kale, but I LOVE it in a shake.  Bananas aren't my favorite fruit, but I like them with berries.  I HATE Orange Juice with passion, but I like it in many of my smoothies and shakes.
For a lighter colored top, save a little back while filling glasses, add yogurt, blend and garnish (like mint!)!  Talk about an easy party drink!

Then, for added nutritional value, I add Shakeology.  Yes, I'm a BeachBody coach, but I'm also a product of the product.  I'm dropping pounds weekly and I feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment