With results you can see, fitness + nutrition makes a great start!

**I'm not an expert, just a trainee!**

Friday, May 25, 2012

What's working?

Right now, I'm working on trying everything.  I want to know what works, what doesn't work and what I can do to keep myself motivated.  Lets face it, it's tough to get into shape when you start from a fat blob.  First you have to lose the fat.  But in order to lose the fat you really have to focus on nutrition.  80% of your weight loss is going to come from your nutrition efforts, then the other 20% is going to come from getting off your ass and doing something.

What am I doing?
  • Shakeology as a meal replacement.
  • P90X, Turbo Fire, chasing after my boys that are 1 and 3, yard work
  • Nutrition consisting of mostly gluten-free.  I do eat an occasional wrap or sandwich.  Lots of veggies.  Lots of fruit.  The even more occasional frozen yogurt cone or gluten-free chocolate cake or cookie.
  • Raspberry Keytones
  • Daily Multivitamin
  • H2O and LOTS of it

Any time I step on the scale and I only lost one pound I look at this.  It gives me a little more motivation.  When I look at this, I think "Wow, I lost a whole pound!" vs "Crap, I only lost one pound!"

A pound of body fat equals 3500 calories.  So, for every pound of fat you loose, you have to burn that many extra calories.  You have to restrict your diet, boost your metabolism AND be active.  It's the only way you're going to get it off.  If you try and starve it off, your body clings onto fat and burns your foot.  You'll feel tired and unmotivated to boot and you probably won't lose much, if any and you may end up actually gaining weight.

Commit to being healthy and the rest will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment