Welcome!

With results you can see, fitness + nutrition makes a great start!

**I'm not an expert, just a trainee!**

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Dedicate To You


Ever wonder why you do some things?  Ever do things for others that don't align with your goals?   Do you hang out with people that aren't people you want to be like?  Do you do things and think "why am I doing this?"  Sounds like you need some good 'ol life prioritizing!

I'm not one to tell others how to live their lives.....wait, I kinda am.  But, I see so many people going through the motions and not taking time to enjoy the little things in life that make life worth living.  Life isn't about the things we can acquire, or money, or how many friends we can have on facebook.  Life is about the little things, the real moments with people in our lives that we build real relationships with.  It has more to do with the choices we make every day and how they align with the priorities we have.  For example, my priorities involve my family, my home, getting fit, helping others and raising my kids.  Eating out every meal at a grease pit doesn't exactly fit.  Either does alcohol.  Either does traveling the world.  10 years ago, my priorities were different, getting fit and getting an education and helping out on the family farm.  There was time for traveling the world while still meeting my expectations of my priorities.  Between getting fit and getting fit during five of those ten years came a broken leg from snowskiing AND 2 kids.  So, I've kind of come full circle on fitness.  But, now that those hurdles are overcome, I'm sure I'll have new ones in another area.

Define your Priorities.
Have an Action Plan.
Work you Plan.



Then, when you fail, have the hope, patience, commitment and dedication to keep trying.  You're always going to have hurdles to jump over, walls to climb and something to wade through to get to a goal.  Just prepare yourself the best you can and keep on trying!

Then, if things aren't going the way you want them to, re-evalute what you're doing.
  • How are you spending your time?  
  • Are you sleeping too much?  
  • Are you eating fuel for your body or are you eating crap?  
  • Do you have an optimistic outlook?  
  • How is you're daily attitude? 
  • Are you working smart or working hard?  
  • Are you whittling down your to-do list of action steps?  Is your focus in the right place?
  • Are you taking time for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment